We have a target to collect 1500 toys between Saturday 16th November and Thursday 19th December
The Southside Christmas Toy Appeal is a charity initiative the centre is running every Christmas
We are working to collect toys and gifts to go to disadvantaged children across Wandsworth and beyond, so they too have a gift to open on Christmas day.
What do we mean by disadvantaged children? These are children who face various difficulties whether that is financial, homelessness, living in difficult circumstances, sickness or mental. The children we hope to help are really deserving of an extra gift this year.
The aim of the Toy Appeal is to make sure as many kids as possible have a gift to open on Christmas day when they usually wouldn’t. So when you’re doing your Christmas shop at Southside, consider choosing a gift for a child in need, aged 0-18, and drop it off at the Toy Appeal station between Poundland and Accessorize.
How to get involved
• Pop into the Toy Appeal Station and talk to the team
• Ask for a Toy Appeal Gift Guide for inspiration on what to buy
• We only accept new gifts and do not accept second-hand gifts.
• We’re collecting gifts for 0-18-year olds - let us not forget about the teenagers
• Once you’ve purchased your gift simply return it to the Toy Appeal station unwrapped and we’ll make sure it's delivered to a child in Wandsworth who really needs it.
We would love for your school, business or organisation to get involved! You can collect toys from your team and bring them to Southside to donate.
If you’re on board, please take a bunch of leaflets to hand out to your team and get in touch. Thank you in advance! Let’s make a difference this Christmas.
Here are the charities your donations will be helping:
The Childhood Trust, Caius House, Carney’s Community, East Merton Learning Together Trust, Guy Mascolo Football Charity, Home-Start Wandsworth, Little Village, Wimbledon Civic Theatre Trust and Wimbledon Guild.
Find out more about these charities here.