Ho ho ho-pe you're hungry, Kids Club families! Lillie, Aeva and Luca have been busy this week preparing some tasty treats for Christmastime, including some scrumptious Snowman cupcakes!
Bake up a batch of cupcakes if you're in the mood, or buy some ready made, grab a rolling pin, get your hands on some fondant in white, black, red and orange (for your snowman's carrot nose- of course!) and read on for how to create some merry masterpieces!
Snow need to wait- watch the video now!
As well as finding out how to create your own Christmas cupcakes, in the video above Lillie also tells a story fresh from the North Pole to Aeva and Luca. But listen closely, her story has some magic words in which leads to a fun game that you can join in with at home. Cool!
What You Will Need:
- Cupcakes (either homemade or ready made)
- Rolling Pin
- Fondant icing in black, white and orange
1. To start, use your rolling pin to flatten out a ball of white fondant, you will need this to cover the top of your cupcake.
2. Roll two balls of fondant into 2 slightly different sizes, one needs to be slightly larger, this will be the snowman's body, the other will be his head.
3. Seperate some of your red or orange fondant into three small balls. Place these on the snowman's body in a vertical line. These look like the buttons on the snoman's outfit! Cute!
4. Next up it's time to give Frosty some accessories and features. Using some more of your red or orange fondant, roll a piece out lengthways and shape it with your fingers into a nice strip to become a scarf.
5. Press the scarf on your snowman in place. You can always use the back of a fork on the edges of the scarf to make it look like tassles!
6. Using a small amount of black fondant give the snowman some eyes and a smile. Using a small bit or orange fondant, roll out a tiny carrot shape and give your snowman his nose.
7. Finally to complete the scrumptios snowman, roll out some more black fondant and create a cube shape for a hat and press this on top. We don't want your snowman getting cold now, do we?
8. Voila! You have created your very own Frosty the Dough-man cupcake! LEt us know how good yours tastes, be careful not to get frostbite!
Don't forget to send us any pictures of your scrumptiou snowmen! (If you can get a photo before biting into it that is!)
Please share your pictures with us on our social media pages @SouthsideSW18
In the mean time, Merry Christmas Kids Club families!