Season's Greetings, Kids Club families! Christmas is just around the corner now and Wincey and Lillie have been preparing for the big day by creating some cheerful Christmas characters!
Want to turn your old toilet roll tubes into something festive and fun? Of course you do! Find out how to create the craft with step by step instructions below. You snow the drill!
Go on, watch the video below. It would be Rude-olf not to!
Make sure to watch the video above to see Wincey and Lillie signing a popular Christmas tune in Makaton sign! See if you can copy the actions. Yule not want to miss it!
What you will need: (To make Santa!)
- Toilet roll tube
- Red card/paper
- Glue stick/glue dots
- Scissors (and adult supervision!)
- Pink tissue paper/card (for face)
- Cotton wall/ small white pom poms
- Googly eyes
- 2 white buttons
- Small red pom pom
1. Start off by cutting your red card or paper down to size to fit around your toilet roll tube.
2. Stick this in place using glue dots or a glue stick.
3. Cut out a circle from your pink paper or tissue paper to become Santa's face. Glue in place at the top of your tube.
4. Stick on Santa's googly eyes and red pom pom for his chilly nose!
5. Using the red card, cut a strip of it off and curl round into a cone shape and cut off any excess. This will become Santa's hat. Try it on your Santa for size and then glue into place on the top.
6. Glue some white buttons onto the front of the tube to add decoration to Santa's outfit.
7. Santa just wouldn't be Santa without his fluffy white beard, would he? Using some cotton wall balls or some white pom poms go ahead and stick these on in place arround Santa's face. Pop one on top of Santa's hat too.
Ta da! Give yourself a round of Santa-plause! Your Santa will be looking all ready for his festive duties now!
If you've recreated this craft, we'd love to see a picture of your cheerful Christmas character! Please share your pictures with us on our social media pages @SouthsideSW18
Ice to see you, Kids Club families! See you soon!