Southside's Virtual Kids Club: Climb the Beanstalk with Wincey!
FE FI FO FUM, join Wincey this week for lots of fun! Ever fancied creating your own beanstalk like the one that Jack climbed up in his garden? If so you're in luck!
Join Wincey this week to find out how to create your own brilliant beanstalk and watch the video below to learn the Giant's chant from the story! It's sure to be GIANT amounts of fun!
Escape into the land of fairy tales with Wincey!
We hope you enjoyed that and have now perfected your giant impression! Do you know what a fear of giants is called? Fe-Fi-Phobia! Keep on reading to find out how to create the beanstalk craft yourself!
What you will need:
- Green coloured paper or card
- A small white piece of card
- Cotton wall
- Two toilet roll tubes or a kitchen roll tube
- Felt tip pens
- Glue dots / glue stick
- Scissors (And adult supervision!)
1. Start by cellotaping your two toilet roll tubes together. This will give your beanstalk its great height!
2. Next up, measure up your green piece of card next to your tubes and with an adult's supervision cut it to the same length of the tubes. Then tape it in place around the tubes.
3. Take another piece of green card (And any other colours you might want to add in too!) to cut out some leaf shapes for your beanstalk. Use a colouring in pen to add stems on to the leaves to make them look realistic. Add these on to your beanstalk with glue dots or a glue stick.
4. Next up make it look like your beanstalk is way up in the sky by adding cotton wall balls on to the top of the beanstalk! Use glue dots or small bits of tape to secure them to the rim of the top of the tube.
5. The next step is to create your castle! Using another piece of card draw out a castle shape and ask an adult to help you cut it out. Colour it in using a grey or brown pen and give it some detail by adding in small windows and a gate. Attach it to the top of the beanstalk with some more glue dots and pressing it into place around the cotton wall balls.
6. Ta da! The beanstalk is complete! Make sure no giants try to escape from the castle you've created!
Well there you go, Kids Club families! Your very own beanstalk! Make sure to keep an eye on it over time to see if it grows any taller into the sky, just like Jack's one did from the fairytale!
If you have created your very own beanstalk please send us any pictures of your completed crafts to our social media channels. Find us at @SouthsideSW18
We are off to climb up some beanstalks now, see you soon Kids Club families!