Off to Space we go with Lilly and Luca. We’re making Space Rockets!
Hello Kids Club families, Lilly is here today with another craft video and she’s joined by a special guest – Luca! Today’s theme is about Space and we’re making Space Rockets.
Today’s craft is inspired by a topic Luca has been learning all about at school. We’re talking all things space and together in this video we’re going to show you how to make your very own space rocket.
This craft is quick and easy for the older kids to do alone and for the little one to do with a little help. In a few short steps they will be creating adventures all around the house with their very own space rockets!
Let's make our Space Rocket!
What you will need:
- A left-over toilet roll tube. Or a kitchen one if you want to make a bigger rocket.
- A sheet of coloured paper or card
- Coloured card or paper for the roof of the rocket.
- Some streamers, strips coloured tissue paper or coloured ribbons to create the flames.
- Some stars or other stickers, or perhaps even pens to decorate it.
- A glue stick
- Sticky tape
- Scissors with adult supervision
1. Take your coloured card or paper and cut it to the height of your leftover toilet or kitchen tube.
2. Take your glue stick or sticky tape and use it to wrap your card or paper around the toilet or kitchen roll tube.
3. Now it’s time to make a triangular shaped cone from the piece of smaller coloured card and secure it in place with sticky tape. This will be the roof to your rocket, now attach this to one end of our tube.
4. On the opposite end of the tube you will create your rocket engine flames! Stick your streamers, strips of coloured tissue paper or ribbons to this end.
5. Now let’s decorate your rocket. Add some stickers or draw on some windows for your astronauts to peep out.
Wow! Look at the rocket you have ready to launch into space!
Enjoyed the video? Please let us know on our YouTube, Facebook or Instagram pages @SouthsideSW18
If you’ve recreated this craft, we’d love to see a picture of your rockets! Please share your pictures with us on social media or send it into us and we can feature it in our next video! You can do this by sending it to us at: Southside Kids Club, Management Office, Southside Shopping Centre, Wandsworth High Street, SW18 4TF.