Ho ho ho! Hello Southside Kids Club Families! Wincey has been getting into the festive spirit this week and has been making some decorations to really 'spruce' up the home!
Join Wincey in making a terrific tree craft using simple things you will find around the home this week. Who would have thought some paper plates, colouring in pens and a bit of ribbon could create something so festive and fun?
Branch out with Wincey and watch the video!
Watch the video above to discover how Wincey has created her Christmas craft with her helpers Luca and Sienna. Take part in Wincey's Chrismtas quiz too to put your knowledge of all things festive to the test! So go ahead and watch the video, go on, treat yo'elf!
What you will need:
- 3 paper plates
- Ribbon in favourite colour
- Small piece of brown card (for tree trunk)
- Green felt pen
- Small felt pom poms
- Star sticker
- Hole punch
- Scissors (adult supervision necessary)
- Glue dots or a glue stick
1. Firstly you will need to cut your plates into segments. These will become the layers of the tree so make sure the one you place at the base of the tree is slightly wider than the middle and top tier segments.
Make sure you have adult supervision when using scissors!
2. Next take your green felt pen and colour in each segment until completely covered.
3. Next it's time to add some decorations. Using some glue dots or a glue stick add your pom poms onto the layers of the tree. These look like brilliant baubles!
4. Using your hold punch add some holes along the curved part of the tree and thread some ribbon through and stick in place on the back of the tree. This makes it look like your tree has got lots of lovely tinsel on. Cool!
5. Next up, using your glue dots or a glue stick, stick each layer of your tree together. Go ahead and glue on a rectangular brown piece of card and the bottom to be the tree trunk and add your star at the top of the tree too.
Ta da! There you go! Your terrific tree is ready to go on display! This will be a decoration that you will always want to put out each year, you'll never fir-get it!
Enjoyed the video? You snow the drill! Please let us know on our Youtube, Facebook or Instagram pages @SouthsideSW18
If you've recreated this craft, we'd love to see a picture of your terrific tree! Please share your pictures with us on our social media pages @SouthsideSW18
Wincey and her elves best be on their sleigh now, so see you soon Kids Club families!