Get ready for back to school with Smiggle! Save over 30% on their Seek bundle collection featuring everything you need to prepare you for the new term. Now only £50! Head into store today to shop, available in 5 colours.
Getting ready for the children to go back to school can be slightly overwhelming, so we've rounded up some inspiration to help you out with the things you need to buy
1. It's important to make sure your little one is always hydrated, so get them a suitable water bottle that they can take into school and refill. This one is great because it uses the spot detail on the top to count how many bottles of water you have had in a day, with the maximum number being the right amount. Debenhams, £10
2. Help your child with their homework and bring the learning home with this suitcase full of letters to do spelling games. Flying Tiger Copenhagen, £5
3. Help them to get their ideas and studying in order right from the get-go with a new notebook to jot everything down in. Paperchase, £8
4. These super sweet dog paperclips will keep all of their paper and study notes in an organised order. Oliver Bonas, £5.50
5. Remember how exciting it was to get new stationery when you were little (who are we kidding, it still is!)? This fluffy pom-pom pen is sure to make someone smile. Accessorize, £3.50
6. This Smiggle pencil case can be personalised with their name, which could be nice touch. Smiggle, £7
7. Looking for a cool backpack? This colour-block one from Gap is simple, practical, but also stylish and it will appeal to a lot of teenagers. Gap, £29.95
8. Shopping for new school shoes can be super exciting for children, and nowadays they have all sorts of lovely designs out there to choose from. These shoes from Next are a lovely design, perfect for the older kids. Next, £20-26
9. Debenhams has some good practical school trousers which also have nice tailoring and are a reasonable price. Debenhams, £11-17
Hobbs and Shaw
Ever since hulking lawman Hobbs (Johnson), a loyal agent of America's Diplomatic Security Service, and lawless outcast Shaw (Statham), a former British military elite operative, first faced off in 2015’s Furious 7, the duo have swapped smack talk and body blows as they’ve tried to take each other down. But when cyber-genetically enhanced anarchist Brixton (Idris Elba) gains control of an insidious bio-threat that could alter humanity forever — and bests a brilliant and fearless rogue MI6 agent (The Crown’s Vanessa Kirby), who just happens to be Shaw’s sister — these two sworn enemies will have to partner up to bring down the only guy who might be worse than themselves.
Angry Birds 2
Red, Chuck, Bomb and the rest of their feathered friends are surprised when a green pig suggests that they put aside their differences and unite to fight a common threat. Aggressive birds from an island covered in ice are planning to use an elaborate weapon to destroy the fowl and swine way of life. After picking their best and brightest, the birds and pigs come up with a scheme to infiltrate the island, deactivate the device and return to their respective paradises intact.
Long-time friends and party-lovers Laura and Tyler navigate life and love in Dublin, Ireland. However, the girls find themselves drifting apart when Laura becomes engaged. Based on the novel of the same name by Emma Jane Unsworth
A young woman travels to the animated world of Playmobil to find her missing younger brother, Charlie. In order to bring him back home, she must embark on a thrilling adventure.
Sun is Also a Star
College-bound romantic Daniel Bae and Jamaica-born pragmatist Natasha Kingsley meet -- and fall for each other -- over one magical day amidst the fervour and flurry of New York City. Sparks immediately fly between these two strangers, who might never have met had fate not given them a little push. With just hours left on the clock in what looks to be her last day in the U.S., Natasha is fighting against her family's deportation just as fiercely as she's fighting her growing feelings for Daniel.
One Upon a Time in Hollywood
Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood visits 1969 Los Angeles, where everything is changing, as TV star Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) make their way around an industry they hardly recognize anymore. The ninth film from the writer-director features a large ensemble cast and multiple storylines in a tribute to the final moments of Hollywood’s golden age.
Angel Has Fallen
Authorities take Secret Service agent Mike Banning into custody for the failed assassination attempt of U.S. President Allan Trumbull. After escaping from his captors, Banning must evade the FBI and his own agency to find the real threat to the president. Desperate to uncover the truth, he soon turns to unlikely allies to help clear his name and save the country from imminent danger.
Pain and Glory
A film director reflects on the choices he's made in life as the past and present come crashing down around him.
Free Gourmet Society Membership!
When you spend £350 or more on Travel Money.
Spoil yourself with a year's free Gourmet Society membership. Spend £350 or more* on travel money and tuck into sweet deals like 25% off your bill , 50% off food, 2 for 1 dining and Up to 40% off cinema tickets†
Love a good burger, and always on the lookout for new ones to try? Luckily for you, Southside is full to the rafters of tasty burger options and restaurants so we've rounded them up for you in a little guide
With a simple formula focused on 'burgers and fries, cooked to perfection', it's hard to go wrong nipping into Five Guys when you are craving a burger. Although it may feel fast here, at Five Guys, everything's cooked fresh so there is no compromise on quality or flavour.
Perhaps best is the number of options you've got to create your perfect burger. With burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches and a multitude of toppings, you've got 250,000 possible topping combinations to choose from.
Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Gourmet Burger Kitchen has always been a good option for those who love a burger and it's a nice setting to steal yourself away to and sit in. Why not try their Lamburghini? Expect a 6oz lamb patty, peppers, jalapeño hummus, pickled onions, cucumber raita and rocket.
Plus, you can enjoy burgers al fresco with their outdoor area, making it a perfect option for those warm summer evenings - especially teamed with a refreshing cocktail cooler. What are you waiting for?
Well, it wouldn't be a burger round-up without including KFC, would it? If you're in a rush but want a spot of lunch or have a family of hungry mouths to feed then KFC is often a good option.
If you love bacon, their new I Love You Bacon burger meal is sure to get you excited. It’s their most bacony burger ever! Made with creamy Baconnaise, sticky Bacon Lovers’ Relish and two slices of smoked back bacon, not to mention a chicken fillet and cheese.
This is an exciting addition to the burgers of Southside! StreetCube serves sustainable ‘food-to-go’ while being committed to reducing CO2 levels, eliminating plastic waste, and developing a better food system that’s sustainable and healthier for people and planet.
The Hungry Bedouin presents a Moroccan flavour and have been extremely successful in other parts of London. Their Lamb Kofta patty is grilled to perfection!
Who doesn't love a Nando's? If you are more of a chicken burger lover than a beefy one, then this might be the place for you. Bottomless soft drinks are fun for the kids too, so it's a great option for the whole family.
What's also great at Nando's is that by putting together your meal yourself, you can make it as healthy or as unhealthy as you wish. So if you fancy something lighter on a hot day, or you want to go all out, the options are endless!
If you're not looking for somewhere for a sit-down meal, or you just need something quick to grab while on a shopping trip then McDonald's is always a good option for a speedy burger.
There is always the regular burger option for those who don't like to branch out or new additions for the more adventurous amongst us. Fill your boots with new recipes such as the Nashville Chicken or try their Signature Collection for something more luxurious.
Frankie & Benny's
Frankie & Benny's is the definition of family fun, so if you've got a birthday coming up then this is perfect for kids. Their burger options are extensive and their new Chicken BLT burger and Black and Blue burger are great.
If meat isn't your thing, they have a new Viva La Vegan burger and you can add Vegan Cheese Sauce to make it even tastier! With loads of extras to add, Frankie & Benny's is great at letting you do it your own way - perfect for a burger fiend.
Cod & Crab Crocchettes
Enjoy light and crispy breaded Cod & Crab Crocchettes with lemon, chilli and a side of garlic aioli to dunk in to.
Perfect to start your meal on a warm summer’s day.
New Pizza and Pastas
They're excited to bring back an old favourite, the creamy Spaghetti Chicken Alfredo with cajun-spiced chicken and rocket, back by popular demand!
Plus, a new mouth-watering Pollo Carbonara Pizza, a pizza bianca topped with chicken, ham, mushroom, red onion & Parsley on a creamy white sauce. Can’t decide between pizza or pasta? This dish has got you covered.
Indulge in a smooth and dreamy dessert this summer like our Hazelnut Semifreddo. A creamy frozen mousse topped with crushed hazelnuts and caramel, perfect for evening with your loved one… but too good to share.
Spiderman: Far From Home
Following the events of Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man must step up to take on new threats in a world that has changed forever.
Dani and Christian are a young American couple with a relationship on the brink of falling apart. But after a family tragedy keeps them together, a grieving Dani invites herself to join Christian and his friends on a trip to a once-in-a-lifetime midsummer festival in a remote Swedish village. The carefree summer holiday in a land of eternal sunlight takes a sinister turn when the insular villagers invite their guests to partake in festivities that are increasingly disturbing.
The Lion King
Simba idolizes his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny on the plains of Africa. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub's arrival. Scar, Mufasa's brother -- and former heir to the throne -- has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is soon ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba's exile. Now, with help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba must figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.
The Current War
Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse -- the greatest inventors of the industrial age -- engage in a battle of technology and ideas that will determine whose electrical system will power the new century. Backed by J.P. Morgan, Edison dazzles the world by lighting Manhattan. But Westinghouse, aided by Nikola Tesla, sees fatal flaws in Edison's direct current design. Westinghouse and Tesla bet everything on risky and dangerous alternating current.
Heading on a summer holiday to somewhere exotic? Or perhaps you've got some beach days planned in for the UK in the summer holidays? Either way, we've got you covered with ideas for beach outfits for all the family
1. Go for a shape-enhancing costume with a pattern this year - they're all the rage! Next, £34
2. Statement sunglasses are a great way to add drama to your look. Oliver Bonas, £22
3. A delicate cover-up can transform a look in a simple way. Accessorize, £21
4. Go for a rattan beach bag! Accessorize, £35
5. Flip-flops can be a lifesaver for the beach, especially for rock pool fun. Gap, £5.95
6. Don't forget a hat! H&M, £12.99
1. A simple cap is a beach and travel essential! Gap, £16.95
2. These reflective sunglasses are a nice classic shape. River Island, £14
3. These swim shorts are lovely, beachy colours and will look good with a tan. H&M, £19.99
4. Don't forget to take a t-shirt with you to cover up with as well. Next, £6
5. Go for a cushioned pair of flip-flops for extra comfort to and from the beach. Trespass, £15.99
1. Protect their sensitive skin with a full-cover hat like this sweet one. Claire's, £14
2. Complete the look with these adorable pineapple print glasses. New Look, £3.99
3. A cotton, floaty sundress is perfect for putting over their costume. Next, £8
4. This swimsuit with delicate detailing is very cute! H&M Kids, £9.99
5. Make sure they have some easy to slip on flip-flops for their sandy toes. Gap, £8.95
1. They can match dad with these classically shaped sunglasses. H&M Kids, £3.99
2. This baseball cap is cool as well as protective. Primark, £5
3. These camouflage print flip-flops are perfect for easy footwear. Gap, £7.95
4. This slogan vest is very apt for a beach holiday. Next, £9
5. The whale print on these shorts gives off a sweet, beachy vibe! H&M Kids, £7.99
Entertaining the children in the holidays can often be tricky and a little exhausting. Luckily for you, there are plenty of stores that have all sorts of options to make sure your family holiday is all fun and games
1. A bright idea for long journeys to the holiday is to purchase an activity book. It's a great way of passing the time! £7.99, Waterstones
2. These bright and cheerful ice-cream moulds are perfect for beach days! £2, Flying Tiger Copenhagen
3. Have some fun in the water with this duck float from TK Maxx. They'll be fighting over who gets to go on first! £7.99, TK Maxx
4. This splash-proof camera is such a lovely idea for your children to take away on holiday with them. They can capture memories without having to worry too much about ruining the camera. £7, Primark
5. This one's a classic! Get all the family involved with this velcro version of bat and ball. £3.99, Trespass
6. No trip to the beach would be complete without a bucket and spade. This handy little set is great because it comes with a few extras such as a watering can. £5, The Entertainer
7. Keep everyone entertained on the flight or journey to your holiday destination with this fun travel book. It will also make a lovely memory for the holiday that the children could keep once they've filled it in. £5, Flying Tiger Copenhagen
8. This foam bowling set from ID Kids UK is a lovely idea for some family fun and frolics in the garden. £20.90, ÏD Kids